Tuesday, August 09, 2011

The Singaporean's Dukan Diet

I discovered the Dukan Diet while reading some articles on my favourite sites. And since my wedding date was approaching.. I figured "what the hey!".. Might as well give it a try since nothing else really worked.

So I calculated my true weight (I'm not telling you what it is) and the site gave me a 6 month weight loss plan.
- 3 days on attack phase
- 102 days on cruise phase
- 146 days on consolidation
- and after that.. stabilization.

Well.. wanna know how I did?
I lost 3.5kg on the attack phase. Thats almost 1kg a day.
I was super super psyched! I mean talk about motivated. Anyway the site did say you would lose quite a bit fairly quickly on the first phase, but it was still quite heartening to see the results.

I'm now 12 days into the cruise phase and so far I'm down another 3 kg. This phase of the diet is much slower but the site says this would give the body time to adjust to the changes and prevent the weight from bouncing back too quickly. Still, seeing continued progress is of course the only motivation keeping me going.

The hardest thing about this diet is the repetitiveness of the meals you can eat. I'm am really sick of eating while on this diet. Its pretty much the same thing over and over again. Its alot better if I'm at home and I have the opportunity to cook my own meals, but when at work, I'm pretty much limited to certain dishes that contains the food thats allowed on this diet. And any Singaporean knows that it is damn hard to find food that contains little to no oil, no sugar, no carbs and on pure protein days, no vegetables too. Especially in hawker centers. I'm not even allowed to have salads on some days!

So now, with 88 more days to go, I'm left fantasizing about ice cream, noodles, pasta, KFC, Burger King, chocolate cake etc etc.

I decided to start blogging for the rest of my 88 days to help me cope and to keep me going. I'm really hoping that with my new cycling hobby, I'll be able to reach my target weight before my 88 days are up and I can finally move on to the next stage where I get to have 1 day a week of eating ANYTHING I WANT.

No comments: